I was looking through my Facebook newsfeed today and noticed a lot of people were posting a list of ten things that people don’t know about them. At first I thought to myself this is odd, but it was interesting to see people being so transparent and opening themselves up to their hundreds of social media “friends” and letting us take a peek into a deeper version of who our “friend” really is. I think it’s human nature to be a little more reserved with putting ourselves out there, but if we could all just embrace our true authentic self and feel proud of who we are I think that is the most Bella thing of all.
With that in mind, please find my list below:
1. My real first name is Mary. My parents named me Mary Courtenay, but always called me Courtenay.
2. I had it legally changed to Courtenay Mary when I was 25.
3. The only alcoholic beverage that I drink is beer.
4. I have nicknames for all 3 of my children and rarely call them by anything else.
5. I am one of 5 kids.
6. My husband and I were just friends for 2 years before we started dating.
7. My cousin Rich died of cancer when we were both 15. It was the worst day of my life.
8. I thought of the name BELLA sitting in my living room on google.
9. I believe in God
10. Every morning I must start my day with a large peppermint mocha coffee from Dunkin Donuts.