You always hear people say, “Tomorrow is a new day”, and thats a great thing to hear because it reminds us that we can have a fresh new start.
What usually goes through my mind though, is “yes, that is certainly true”, but I always have to question “am I going to actually make tomorrow a new day”. It is so important for me to start out fresh in the morning, because I feel that it can have an impact on my entire day. In this weeks blog, I will be sharing tips of how I start my morning.
- First thing in the morning, I always take a walk. Whether its outside or at the gym, it is so important to get your brain and your body working. It helps me to focus better at work and gives me energy throughout my day.
- A well balanced breakfast is next on the list of things to do in the morning. Eggs, vegetables, and whole grains are perfect for your health and give you the energy you need. A daily protein shake or smoothie is good for your health, especially when you go to the gym. It helps you build muscel, and keeps your energy up for the remainder of the day.
- Prayer/meditation is next. This is so important, especially for me as a dj/analyst because my brain is constantly moving. For 10 minutes in the morning, It helps me clear out my head, and put things in perspective. I feel this is so important, especially when I am stressed or anxious, it helps me to relax.
- A good read is one of my favorite things to do in the morning. I learn so much from reading, and at the same time it keeps my mind focused. Reading the newspaper in the morning, it keeps me updated on current events going on in the world.
- Gym. Extemely important to exercise whether its in your own home or at the gym. The gym I feel is better, because it forces you to get up and motivates you more, especially when you are paying a monthy or yearly fee. At home I usually don’t work out as hard or give up easily, because I am lazy or tired.
- Listen to the radio or music. Listening to some good uplifting tunes can get your energy and blood pumping. As a dj, its nice to just listen to music instead of spinning it, because it lifts my spirit. Especially if I’m having a bad day, it keeps me going throughout the day. Gym plus music, helps me to work out even harder.
I hope you enjoyed these tips, and use them to start your morning fresh. Remember tomorrow is a new day, but only if you make it a new day.