On a crisp evening in New York City, I ventured to midtown for an evening of wonder with iconic American brand, Wonder Bread. Celebrating 101 years of bringing wonder to tables across the country, the brand announced its latest partnership — it will be a part of the 96th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. To celebrate the announcement, the two teams held an event showcasing a mock design of “The Wondership,” a whimsical one-of-a-kind airship float, which will make its way down 6th Avenue, spreading cheer and wonder to all those watching both in person and on TV.
The float’s inspired design will pay homage to the hot air balloon race that original inspired Wonder’s iconic branding, and will be propelled by red, yellow, and blue balloons and confetti. “Like Wonder Bread, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is a cherished tradition for many American familiars as they come together to celebrate Thanksgiving and the official start of the holiday season,” said John Steed, senior vice president of legacy brands at Flowers Foods. It’s a natural fit.
In honor of the partnership, Wonder Bread has also teamed up with Feeding America to donate 10,000 loaves of its Classic White Bread to City Harvest this holiday season. Not only that, but they have also launched a social media sweepstakes on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, encouraging fans to join the fun by entering to win a trip to NYC and attend the parade. The sweepstakes is live until October 31st.
Afraid you won’t win? No worries! Wonder Bread has also been generous to create some mouthwatering recipes to take your Thanksgiving to the next level. Check them out below and get your ovens ready!
WONDER BREAD STUFFING
1 loaf of Wonder® Classic White Bread
½c unsalted butter
3 c chopped onion
2 ½ c chopped celery
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 ½ tbsp. chopped fresh sage
1 ½ tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp celery seeds
Pinch of grated nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ cup low-salt chicken broth
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt half the butter. Add onion, celery, garlic, sage, thyme, celery seeds, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
2. Cover and cook until onions are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, toss the sautéed vegetables with bread cubes and season with pepper. Melt the remaining butter and pour over stuffing along with broth, then toss to coat.
4. Bake covered at 325° F until heated through, about 50 minutes. For a crisp top, uncover for the last 15 minutes of baking. Enjoy.
CINNAMON BUTTER ROLLS
1 Pack Wonder® Dinner Rolls 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
1 tbsp butter, to butter the pan 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon with a fork.
3. Butter the bottom of a 9×9-inch baking pan.
4. Remove the rolls from the package in one piece.
5. Cut 9 Wonder® Dinner Rolls in half horizontally and place the bottom half of the rolls in the 9×9-inch pan. (If you would like to increase your serving size to 12, simply utilize a 9×13-inch pan!)
6. Brush half of the cinnamon butter mixture evenly over the rolls.
7. Place the top halves of the rolls in the pan and with the remaining cinnamon butter mixture, spread evenly over the top of the rolls.
8.Bake for 12-13 minutes.
1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk for desired glaze consistency.
2. Drizzle icing diagonally over the top of cinnamon rolls.
3. Fall in love with every sweet bite!