In the January/February issue of BELLA New York, Pandora Vanderpump shared her favorite “Light, Bright & Delicious Cocktails,” inspired by the Hollywood elite. Many of the recipes call for a simple syrup, which – as it sounds – is super simple. Here’s a quick recipe, courtesy of WhatsCookingAmerica.net.
Basic Simple Syrup Recipe:
A ratio of 1 Part Cold Water to 1 Part Granulated Sugar
- In a high-sided saucepan over medium-high heat, bring cold water and sugar to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and stir constantly until the sugar dissolves completely and the mixture is clear, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remember – the longer you boil it, the thicker the syrup will be when cooled.
- To test if the sugar is completely dissolved: Using spoon, scoop up a small amount of the syrup. You shouldn’t be able to see any sugars crystals in the liquid. If you do, boil a little longer.
- Optional: At this point you can add flavoring, if preferred.
- After boiling, let the syrup cool to room temperature, then pour into a tightly sealed, clean glass jar and store in the refrigerator (any clean and sealable container can be used).