Finally, it’s 2021! Now is a great time to purchase some new self-care and beauty items and you could score some of the best brands, without spending a fortune! “The beginning of the year is the perfect opportunity to step up your self-care game and start the year off right,” says fashion and beauty expert Kahlana Barfield Brown.
If you need a kickstart to your skincare game, she recommends starting with a set. “This Belif skincare set from T.J.Maxx has everything you need to keep your skin moisturized and glowing in the new year. And if your looking to take your self-care game to the next level, cop this incredible deep-tissue massager from Marshalls, which will give you the full spa treatme.”
Need even more top-notch recommendations? Here are five top tips…
- For a flawless base, you’ve got to start out with clean skin. I love this facial cleaner from T.J.Maxx. Use with your favorite cleanser and massage into your skin for a gentle, deep clean that leaves your skin glowing.
- When it comes to base makeup, an amazing brush makes the biggest difference. This large concealer brush works well with liquid and cream products, so you can do your primer, foundation, and concealer without having to switch brushes between steps. Plus, if you apply your skin prep with your base brush, your base makeup will be infused with extra skincare properties – the natural glow level steps all the way up.
- Whatever look you’re going for; a well-groomed brow is a must. Even if your biggest event for the day is hopping on a Zoom call, a clean brow can elevate your look. I love this brow pencil and tinted fiber gel from Marshalls to fill in and define my eyebrows with just one tool at a great price.
- For the eyes, a soft wash of color on the lid works for pretty much any look – and, it’s easy to achieve! To make it even easier, this waterproof eyeshadow is a primer and shadow in one with a brush-tip applicator. Paint across your lid, lightly pad the edges with your finger and the look is done. So simple to use and doesn’t crease, smudge or fade.
- For lips, I recommend long-lasting lipstick with a little moisture to keep your lips popping and hydrated even in the harsh winter months. This three-piece lip kit includes lip liner and two shades of lipstick for a complete lip look that lasts and won’t dry you out.
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!