When it comes to food, I love presenting a feast for the eyes as well as the tummy. So when the whisper of fall is in the air, comfort food comes to mind along with a beautiful tablescape filled with rich, warm colors complementing textures all set against a pumpkin and sunflower mini “garden.”
To make an ordinary evening extraordinary, use place cards with your family’s names and serve warm tea with a honey spoon. This is sure to make everyone smile as they devour a dish tailor-made for fall.
This quick (or should I say, quicker than usual) braised beef short ribs recipe will give you all the fall feels!
- 2 lbs of beef short ribs• 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder• 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (Italian seasoning)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup short rib braising sauce
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 medium garlic
- 2-1/2 cups of beef broth
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat Dutch oven (a pot that go from stove to oven)
- Place in your vegetable oil and garlic cloves
- Pat dry your short ribs, then rub in your seasonings
- Dust your ribs with 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- Place ribs in pot to brown about 5-7 minutes(you may have to do this in batches)
- Remove ribs
- Place in braising sauce, bay leaves, and second tbsp of flour (add more if you want a thicker sauce)
- Add 1 cup of beef broth and return ribs to the pot while stock is simmering
- Place Dutch oven pot in oven for two hours, pouring in the remainder of your beef broth halfway through cooking time
- Dinner is served!
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!