These cookies are not only delicious and satisfying, they contain several ingredients, such as matcha, dark chocolate and coconut oil, which boast proven benefits for your overall health, skin, and nails. A cookie that’s tasty and healthy?! Bring it on!
DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED MATCHA GREEN TEA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 4 hours chilling time
Bake Time: 10 minutes
• 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
• 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
• 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
• 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup cake flour
• 1 1⁄2 tablespoons matcha powder
• 6 ounces dark chocolate
• 1⁄2 tablespoon coconut oil
1. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and salt until thoroughly combined, about 3 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose and cake flours with the matcha powder.
3. With the mixer on low, mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture in three additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition.
4. Place shortbread dough between two pieces of parchment paper, flattening it with your hands into a rectangle.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough over top of the top layer of parchment paper until the dough is 1⁄4 -inch-thick.
6. Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the refrigerated dough into two-inch circles using a cookie cutter or rim of a glass.
8. Place cut-out cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the cookies until just golden at the edges, about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on sheets for five minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
10. Once cookies have cooled, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl for two minutes on 50% power, stirring halfway through.
11. Dip the cookies, allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl or use the tines of a fork to drizzle the chocolate over top of the cookies.
12. Set cookies on a wire rack set over a cookie tray to allow chocolate to set before serving.
Note: If not serving the cookies right away, store undipped cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. Store chocolate-dipped cookies with pieces of parchment or wax paper between each one in an airtight container for up to five days.
For more recipes, visit kickassbaker.com or @kickassbaker on Instagram and Pinterest.
By Kimberlee Ho of kickassbaker.com
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Beauty is Defined by You!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!