By Ceylone Boothe Grooms
Nothing screams “summer food fun” more than food festivals and street food. Street food is quick, delicious, and easy to eat! Shrimp tacos are a food-festival favorite. This recipe brings the yummy taste of street food directly to your home.
To add a special touch, I pair this dish with family-friendly virgin mojitos. Delicious!
Prep time: 10 mins
Total cooking time: 15 mins
Serves: 10 tacos
- 1-1/2 lbs uncooked, cleaned, deveined shrimp (shell and tail off)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 10 soft tortilla shells
- 1 bag organic cold slaw mix (I use broccoli slaw)
- 1/3 cup sriracha aioli
- Place cold slaw mix in a large bowl, then fold (stir) your aioli sauce; set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning; set aside
- Preheat 12-inch skillet on medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place shrimp in pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes
*Optional: Preheat a second 12-skillet to warm tortillas about 30 seconds on each side
Build Your Taco: Place your slaw on tortillas, add shrimp, fold your tacos, and enjoy! For a special treat, add chips, salsa, and guacamole as a simple side dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 25-30 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 medium limes, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 16 oz lime-flavored seltzer or sparkling water
- 2 cups ice
- Place mint leaves, sugar, and lime juice in medium pitcher
- Use handle of large wooden spoon to muddle ingredients together
- Add ice, limes, and lime-flavored seltzer or sparkling water
- Set aside a few mint leaves for your garnish
Voila—a delightful summer mocktail!
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!