It has been said that when you fall in love, your cheeks flush, your heart beats faster, your palms are sweaty and your head starts spinning. When you add the magical season of autumn this can leave you with feelings of euphoria similar to an endorphin-induced “runner’s high”.
The crisp air, aesthetically pleasing, cozy sweaters, warm fireplaces, football season, hot cocoa, seasonal treats and cuddling with your sweetie.
It happened to me at the age of 19, when I met my first love on a fall crispy, crystal blue sky day. I swear I was under a fall induced love spell when we walked hand and hand. According to e-harmony, Studies have shown that walking side by side with someone can make you feel more open and honest when talking about your feelings than sitting face to face. If you or your partner are a bit shy, walking together hand in hand through piles of crisp autumn leaves can really help you to open up to each other.
Here are five reasons to fall in love during the fall
1. The weather seems to be a perfect mix of sun and clouds. With a slight chill combined together to create the best weather ever. In particular, I love feeling the contrast of a warm day followed by a chilly night. All the reason to cuddle up by the fireplace during the evening with your sweetie.
2. The changing of the leaves. Washington, D.C.-based board certified Obstetrician-Gynecologist and Integrative and Holistic physician, Regina Zopf, explains that as we take in the transitioning fall beauty, the relaxation and “good mood” area in the brain (the medial orbitofrontal cortex) is triggered. These positive triggers may include the sound of leaves crinkling and breaking underneath your shoes. As the leaves change, occasionally you’ll see a tree that’s faded from red to orange to yellow to green. Or you’ll see a row of trees that are all changing differently, creating a stunning rainbow-like effect.
3. Road trips to your favorite B&B. Every year I take a road trip to my favorite B&B, The Forsyth B&B for delicious in season breakfast and baked apples. Each room is simply romantic chic and named after a famous explorer. Then I enjoy my afternoon at my favorite spa, Birch Body Care where I can enjoy a custom Birch facial and massage. I end my day antique shopping and eating Nona’s meatballs at Savona’s Trattoria with a glass of red wine.
4. Football season! I’m totally a sports girl and anyone who knows me knows that I’m glued to the TV on Sunday. I couldn’t date a guy who didn’t like the sport. I’ve always wanted to play sports and quite frankly I would probably suck at it so I’ll settle for watching the professionals do their thing. There’s something about football season that is just exciting. People get together with family and friends. There is just this energy in the room with everyone cheering for their favorite teams. Not to mention there are always delicious food and beverages (wings and beer are my favorite) to be had at any good gathering.
5. Baking your delicious treats. Let’s just say there’s nothing like picking fresh apples with your loved one and kissing next to the oven with the smell of baked apples consuming the air. According to www.healthline.com, apples have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease which is one of the most precious organs you want to protect. Apples are incredibly good for you, and eating them is linked to a lower risk of many major diseases, including diabetes and cancer. Here’s a recipe for you all of the apple lovers.
The Forsyth Baked Apples
6 large firm baking apples
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs brown sugar
3 tbs raisins or dried cranberries
2 tbs butter
1/2 cup apple cider
Preheat oven to 350. Remove stem and some of the core of apple, leaving apple whole (a melon baller works well). Peel off top 1/4 of skin of apple. Fill cavity with remaining ingredients except cider. Fit apples into a baking pan that just holds them. Pour cider into pan around apples. Bake 35-45 minutes until tender but not mushy. Remove from pan. Pour cider into a saucepan and reduce by half. Pour over apples and serve with whipped cream, crème anglaise or yogurt.
Whether you’re in a relationship, starting a new one or dating yourself, take the opportunity to enjoy this magical season we call FALL.
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that “Beauty is Defined by You!”
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!