Now is the perfect time to flex your cooking skills — you have no excuses not to be experimenting in the kitchen and with Top Chef premiering its new season tonight, you can get inspired by some of the best in the biz.
Top Chef’s Head Judge, Tom Colicchio, has partnered up with the Jersey Tomato Co., a tomato sauce line that offers consumers vine-ripened, garden fresh sauces that will perfectly complement your cooking. The clean sauce line is low in sodium and doesn’t use any fillers, additives, added sugars or citric acid. The resulting product is robust in flavor: “As a chef and proud Jersey Boy, Jersey Tomato CO. is the first sauce I’ve found with the careful balance of sweetness and acidity I strive for in my own home-hooked version,” Coliccho states. Their products are great “for any home cook who wants twice the flavor in half the time.”
In addition to their commitment in not adding any unnecessary ingredients into their products, Jersey Tomato Co. is also gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan and kosher, ensuring that people around the world can enjoy their products. Colicchio created three custom recipes using their marinara, tomato basil and spicy sauces, that are ideal for whipping up at home.
In the spirit of our new normal, try out Tom Colicchio’s hearty chicken cacciatore:
- Chicken Cacciatore
- 6 chicken thighs and legs
- 3 strips thick cut bacon, sliced across
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced, fronds removed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- ½ red wine vinegar
- 25oz The Jersey Tomato Co. Marinara Basil Sauce
- ½ cup Oil-cured black olives, pits removed
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large heavy sauté pan, heat the oil over a medium-high. Season chicken with salt. Add
pieces to the pan and sauté just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does
not fit in the pan, sauté it in 2 batches.
3. Heat remaining olive oil in a large dutch oven or heavy-bottom (oven resistant) pot. Add sliced
bacon, celery, onion, garlic, red pepper and fennel. Sweat the veggies such that you do not add
color. Once softened, add chicken stock, vinegar, Marinara sauce, bay leaf and rosemary.
4. Place chicken into the casserole dish such that the crisped skin is not submerged in the veggie
mixture. Lower to a simmer and add olives.
5. Place casserole dish in the oven for 45 minutes, uncovered.
6. Serve with roasted potatoes.
Find the rest of Tom Colicchio’s exclusive Jersey Tomato Co. recipes here.
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Beauty is Defined by You!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!