Zaboca! That’s what we call the creamy, fleshy and delicious Avocado fruit back in Trinidad. It’s also one of the many fruits found on my grandparents’ property.
So, you can imagine, it was a staple at the dinner table. Aside from using it to delight our taste buds, it’s also one of the best foods for our skin.
A great way to reap the benefits is to make and use Avocado facial masks. Here’s a quick and easy recipe.
1/2 of an Avocado
Preparation and Use:
1. Cut the Avocado and remove the seed.
2. Mash it until it’s mushy.
3. Clean your face and neck.
4. Use your fingers or a flat makeup brush and apply
the squashed Avocado over your entire face and neck (keep away from the eye area).
5. Sit with the mask for 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Wash with cold water and pat dry with a clean towel.
7. Apply a moisturizer to retain the water.
***Other ingredients you can use in an Avocado mask include, honey, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, egg yolk and olive oil***
Follow @DixieLincolnNic on Twitter
Dixie Lincoln-Nichols has a passion for all things beautiful. She is a self-described beauty junkie and the founder of Dixie Bits.