Celebrate National Sauce Month with The Jersey Tomato Co.
Let’s get saucy in the kitchen with The Jersey Tomato Co. Grab a jar of The Jersey Tomato Co. to use in your favorite dish, or chef up The Jersey Tomato Co. Zucchini Lasagna Recipe, made with any of their four flavor profiles: Marinara, Tomato Basil, Spicy, and Roasted Garlic. Keep reading for the full recipe!
Don’t miss a beat! Click HERE to become a BELLA Insider!
The Jersey Tomato Co. offers fresh-from-the-garden, naturally low sodium tomato sauces featuring renowned chef and notable ‘Top Chef’ Head Judge Tom Colicchio as the brand’s official partner and culinary consultant. The brand’s emphasis on vine-ripened, garden-fresh taste and naturally healthful attributes sets it apart from the competition. The brand is currently in over 1,400 retail stores nationwide, with the following flavor profiles available to consumers: Marinara, Tomato Basil, Spicy, and Roasted Garlic.
The Jersey Tomato Co. sauces are gluten free with no fillers or additives resulting in a clean label product, Non-GMO, low sodium, vegan, and certified Kosher. No added sugars, no citric acid, and zero preservatives.
The Jersey Tomato Co.’s Zucchini Lasagna
- Two 25oz Jars The Jersey Tomato Co. Sauce (choose your favorite flavor)
- 12-14oz plant-based protein crumbles (or ground turkey, if not vegetarian)
- 3 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 5 large zucchini
- 2 1⁄2 Cups whipped Cream Cheese
- 12oz frozen mixed vegetables (recommended: peas, carrots, corn, green beans)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel the zucchini.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1⁄4-inch thick slices. If the zucchini is watery, pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and grease pan with coconut oil.
- In the skillet, sauté plant-based protein crumbles to a golden brown.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the same skillet and continue to cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 1.5 jars of The Jersey Tomato Co. Sauce and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Reserve the remaining half jar.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Set out a 3-quart casserole dish and cover the bottom with half of the reserved Sauce.
- Layer 1⁄3 of zucchini slices on top of the Sauce, edges overlapping.
- Spread 1⁄2 of the whipped cream cheese on top of the zucchini strips.
- Add 1⁄2 of the plant-based protein crumbles/vegetable mix.
- Add 1⁄2 of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Begin with the zucchini layer again, and repeat steps 10-13 above one more time.
- Top with remaining 1⁄3 of zucchini and the remaining reserved Sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes and allow it to stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Watch how it’s made, here, visit The Jersey Tomato Co. website + follow them on Instagram!
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!