I am super excited to start this New Year and to make it my best yet – both personally and professionally. Although I am not a huge believer in New Year’s Resolutions, I do believe in doing the best you can EVERY DAY of the year. Each day that we are blessed to wake up healthy is a new day to make changes/resolutions in your life. Whether you want to live a healthier lifestyle, have more meaningful relationships or really focus on your career – YOU CAN – it’s all up to you!
I look at my life as a work in progress, especially since I will be turning the big 40 this year! I can’t believe it, but time flies when you’re having fun! With that in mind, I would like to share with you what I like to call my “working on” list for 2014.
- I want to (and will) make BELLA the #1 women’s magazine in NYC
- I want to book Patrick Dempsey as a cover. I have tried for 3 years to no avail, but that doesn’t mean I am going to stop! You never know, 2014 may be the year it happens! Oh, how I hope it does.
- When I am home with the kids, I want to truly unplug, put the phone down and be really “present”.
- I want to be a better person. By better I mean: kinder, more understanding, more patient, and for sure – I want to stop sweating the small stuff. (This will probably be the toughest!)
- I want to make God a more daily presence in my life – not just on Sunday’s when we go to church as a family. Because honestly, without God, there is nothing.
- Be grateful for everything I have – every single day!
Remember, do the best you can EVERY DAY of the year.