I seriously live for the holiday season! I am all about the decorations, traditions, and all the hustle and bustle. The one thing I’ve tried to perfect over the years is the perfect Christmas morning breakfast.
I present to you a very easy holiday breakfast casserole. Simply prep it the night before (right after you help Santa unload all the gifts or head to the Menorah to celebrate), then pop it in the oven in the morning.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 75 minutes
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups of shredded potatoes (frozen is fine)
- 3 cups of shredded cheese (I used Kraft’s Four-Cheese mixture)
- ½ lb bacon (you can substitute with turkey bacon, sausage crumbles, or mushrooms)
- ½ cup of half and half
- 1tsp salt• 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried or fresh parsley for garnish
- Fry bacon; set aside
- Whisk eggs
- Add half and half to egg mixture; set aside
- Use cooking spray to coat the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Layer potatoes, followed by 2 cups of shredded cheese, and bacon
- Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add last cup of shredded cheese and top with sprinkled paprika
- Refrigerate overnight
The next morning:
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife can come cleanly out center of casserole
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley
This dish is the main attraction on a table filled with bagels, muffins, fresh fruit, hot cocoa, and mimosas!
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!