One aspect of my beauty regime I have always struggled with: my mani. For some reason I can never seem to get it right and often left with fingers that looks like a 5-year old. The struggle is definably real and if you’re still unable to make your way to the salon to get a professional manicure/pedicure with the right tools and direction you can indeed nail it all on your own. Here KBShimmer offers the best tips, tricks, and tools to help you DIY…
- Indulge in a Soak: One of the best parts of going to get your nails done is soaking your hands and feet in luxurious oils and warm water. The Mani Shots help you experience the same feeling at home! Individually sized for use as part of your manicure or pedicure routine, just pop into a bowl filled with warm water to experience the decadent cocoa and shea butters, lush jojoba and pure olive oil.
- Scrub Away the Dryness: With all the excess hand washing, our skin is extra rough, dry and flaky. The first step to getting back beautiful, hydrated and glowy skin is a sugar scrub to help slough away dead skin cells. The luxe oils and butters in this Sugar Scrub combine with water to help form a lotion that moisturizes and softens even the most stubborn of dry patches.
- Cuticle Care: After you’re all moisturized, getting your cuticles in shape will give you that fresh-from-the-salon look. Use the Rainbow Finish Dual Ended Cuticle Pusher to gently push back cuticles and the Rainbow Finish Cuticle Nipper to remove and dead skin stuck to nails or hangnails for a fresh, clean and healthy nail.
- Nail It – Perfectly!: With your cuticles taken care of, it’s time to freshen up your nail shape. Use the Crystal Nail File for the best results possible. Made of high-quality Czech tempered glass, these can be washed sanitized and reused over and over again. The fine grit is powerful enough to shorten and reshape nails, but not so harsh that it causes them to peel or tear.
- A Solid Foundation: You’re now ready to polish! Starting with a base coat not only helps your polish last a long time, but can also improve the appearance of your nail polish. If your nails are weak or if you tend to chip often, consider starting with either the Nail Strengthener and/or the pH Balancing Nail Prep before applying a base coat. KBShimmer offers 2 base coats: Basic Training acts like double-sided sticky tape to create a long-lasting bond between the nail and polish. Fillin’ Groovy helps to create a long-lasting bond between the nail and polish while filling ridges for smooth application.
- Top It Off & Clean It Up: After applying 1-3 coats of polish, seal the deal with a good top coat. Clearly On Top will leave nails shiny and hard in just minutes! It can be used over tacky polish for a long-lasting, chip resistant manicure. Looking for something not so shiny? Oh Matte! can be applied over any polish for a matte, almost velvet look. Not the best at polish application? No worries – the Vegan Clean Up Brush can help! Simply dip the bristles in acetone and swipe away polish from around your cuticles and skin. For best results, we recommend swiping away fresh polish mistakes as you go, instead of waiting until polish is dry.
Complete Your Salon Mani: Keeping your cuticles clean and moisturized is one of the most important steps in creating quality manicures. The Cuticle Oil Pens contain a blend of avocado oil, shea butter, apricot oil, wheat germ oil, evening primrose oil, argan oil, jojoba, olive oil and vitamin E. The super convenient pens ensure no mess and portability (whenever that can happen again!)
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Beauty is Defined by You!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!