“The Tahini Goddess” Shares Her Delights
Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
Sally Schimko, The Tahini Goddess, literally “stirred her way through the pandemic” and succeeded having grown a business that she launched in February of 2020. Sally loves experimenting in the kitchen and is always concocting new recipes for herself and her family that are oh-so-simple and delicious!
Get cooking with Sally as she shares some of her oh-so-simple and delicious recipes with BELLA…
Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies — Vegan and Gluten Free
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 raw tahini (whole sesame tahini)
- 1/3 cup fiber syrup or honey (I use choc zero)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chip (or many as you wish)
- 1 tbs Zen basil seeds (or chia, optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat broil on 350f.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cacao powder, and baking powder. Mix well—you should get nice texture of a soft dough.
- Add all ingredients besides the chocolate chip and mix until it is all combined.
- Add chocolate chips in, and mix.
- Bake for 7 minutes. The edges will be golden brown and the center will look like it’s half-baked—it’s OK…they are ready!
- Most important is the cool-down process: They need at least 8 minutes to cool down before moving or trying the cookies.
Note: The longer these cool, the better the texture will be. Store leftovers in glass containers in a cool, dry place for 3-5 days.
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!