“The Tahini Goddess” Shares Her Delights
Zucchini Pizza Boats
Sally Schimko is the founder of The Tahini Goddess, which launched in February of 2020. The Tahini Goddess is a female-founded and led company that produces and distributes authentic and kosher flavorful tahini and sugar-free halva that is made in Israel. A mother of two and established blogger and social media influencer focused on nutrition, health, beauty, and lifestyle, Sally is on a mission to inspire others to enjoy healthy food and vegetables, all while making cooking and meal preparation easy and enjoyable.
Based in Miami, Florida, Sally is originally from Israel, where tahini is the “peanut butter” of Israel. When she discovered that all tahini sold in the U.S. was manufactured on “modern machinery,” making many difficult to digest, Sally was driven to launch her business to deliver millstone-grounded and sustainably sourced tahini that promises the smoothest, creamiest and most delicious Mediterranean flavors.
The Tahini Goddess has grown rapidly during the pandemic year as a result of positive reviews, a varied line of nutritious and delicious of tahini and sugar-free halvah, and most importantly, superior customer service and transparency. Her tahini is the only one on the market made in Israel, and no other company currently offers such a wide flavor offering and education.
Get cooking with Sally as she shares some of her oh-so-simple and delicious recipes with BELLA.
Zucchini Pizza Boat
Using pesto or spicy tahini, these have the flavor of pizza without the carbs or extra calories. A bonus is that kids love them too, and it’s a wonderful way to get more veggies into your diet.
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup tomatoes sauce
- 3 tbs pesto tahini (or any flavor)
- 2 tbs spicy tahini (or any flavor)
- 1/3 cup slices must
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I love goat cheese—easy for digestion!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broil on 400f.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-inch shells.
- Place your zucchini boats on oven-proof tray, spray them with oil to prevent sticking, and place in the oven 12-17 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium-mixing bowl, chop zucchini pulp and add tomato sauce and tahini, salt and pepper. Mix well; taste and adjust if needed.
- Remove zucchini out of the oven and stuff them with the tomatoes, tahini, zucchini pulp, mushrooms, and cheese. Return to the oven and lower the oven to 375f for 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!