It hurts me to even say the word, winter in March, but harsh winds and cool temperatures can create sensitivity, dryness, irritation and itching, all of which can cause skin to lose moisture and luster. And, with spring and summer right around the corner, there’s no time like the present to ready your skin for a sensational debut.
- Eat well. Nutrients found in healthy foods will nourish your body from the inside out.
- Wash with a mild cleanser to remove excess oil.
- Use a daily moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Moisturizing will also help keep the skin from drying out due to harsh winds and cool temperatures.
- Drink as much water as you can. This will maintain hydration and elasticity in the skin.
- Exfoliate, periodically to remove dead skin, which can become trapped in the pores and cause pimples.
- Use a lip balm or Chap Stick to protect and moisturize your lips. Again, harsh winds and cold temperatures can cause chapping due to dehydration.
- Use a moisturizing hand and body lotion, crème or body butter after you come out of the shower.
Remember Bellas, consistent and appropriate skin care routines will promote your healthiest body.
Dixie Lincoln-Nichols has a passion for all things beautiful. She is a self-described beauty junkie and the founder of Dixie Bits.