Keynoters Gwyneth Paltrow, Ava DuVernay, Christy Turlington Burns, Melinda Gates, Soledad O’Brien, and Anna Maria Chávez Join Performances by Boyz II Men and Nick Cannon
SheKnows Media, a leading women’s media company with more than 80 million unique visitors per month* and 162 million social media fans and followers, today announced highlights from #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us, taking place in New York, July 16-18. As the nation’s largest gathering of predominantly women content creators, the event is designed to inspire and empower women. Thousands of content creators, social media influencers, entrepreneurs, brand executives and industry luminaries are expected to attend this year’s event, co-produced for the first time by SheKnows Media and BlogHer.
“#BlogHer15: Experts Among Us is three days packed with networking opportunities, globally relevant conversations, and digital media education” said Elisa Camahort Page, Senior Vice President, Community Content and Events, SheKnows Media. “SheKnows Media’s mission is to help women find their voice, their platform, and their audience to make a positive impact in the world. The tools and connections gained from our annual event accelerate our attendees’ ability to pursue their passions and their paths.”
Attendees at #BlogHer15: Experts Among Us will experience the following:
Leading-Edge Conversations and Celebrity Appearances
- Fireside chats with Academy Award winner Gwyneth Paltrow, Groundbreaking “Selma” director Ava DuVernay, and co-founders of #BlackLivesMatter Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi
- Every Mother Counts founder Christy Turlington Burns, premiering a sneak peek of the organization’s latest documentary, “Giving Birth in America”
- Philanthropist Melinda Gates will appear by live video to discuss the critical role of storytelling and its contribution to achieving meaningful change for women and girls worldwide on July 16th
- Soledad O’Brien and Girls Scouts CEO Anna Maria Chávez will bring young women from their organizations to the main stage on July 17th to talk about preparing the next generation of leaders
- McDonald’s is hosting this year’s closing party, which will feature Grammy Award-winning R&B group Boyz II Men, DJ Spider and Nick Cannon
- Ten tracks of education on the latest internet trends from cutting-edge social tools like Snapchat, Periscope, Meerkat, and Tumblr to critical issues affecting the business of the Internet, like Mobilegeddon and Ad Viewability
- The first annual #Femvertising Awards winners will be announced in support of advertising that empowers women, as part of the event’s flagship Voices of the Year Ceremony
- The Pitch, a “Shark Tank-style” on-stage competition, takes place on July 18, featuring six hand-selected women entrepreneurs will present their business ideas on stage to panel of business role models
- Hatch Labs is a Friday-only series of workshops for tween and teen attendees, training the next generation of leaders
- Top sponsors Depend, Coca-Cola Life, Sears Connected Solutions and dozens more are launching new products and services, creating fun experiences, and delivering thoughtful activations for attendees to experience, learn from and enjoy
For more information, click here. To register for the conference, click here. Join the conversation on social media using the #BlogHer15 hashtag.