If you are on the go a lot and don’t always have time to sit down and eat, here are some healthy snack ideas you and your kiddies will love!
- Nut Butter Boats: a celery stalk filled with 1 tbsp. almond butter (you can also put a few raisins or almonds on top of the almond butter). Low carb, high fat snack that will satiate you until your next meal.
- Apple with almond butter: cut up apple slices with some almond butter is a perfect snack that is filled with fiber and fat to keep you full longer.
- Trail Mix: making your own trail mix is perfect when you do it with walnuts, almonds, and pistachios. You can also add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to mix it up.
- Kind Bars: these can be found at almost any food market. These bars are great to leave in your car or purse for emergencies. Low glycemic and filled with good fats and some carbs.
- Protein Shake: grab a shaker bottle with plant based protein powder.
Don’t miss a beat! Click HERE to become a BELLA Insider!
Snacks are normally filled with all sugar, especially most of the bars on the market. A little piece of advice…if there are more than 5 ingredients or if there are ingredients you cannot pronounce, put it down. Stay as real as possible when it comes to your snack choice. If you find yourself snacking too much, add another meal.