Spring 2022 has sprung, and you know what that means! It’s closet clean-up time! But before you get yourself in a tizzy, we have some inspirational tips and tricks to help you update your closet this season.
- Empty the entire contents of your closet. While this might seem crazy and overwhelming at first, it will make the rest of the process so much easier.
- Start making piles—piles of items to toss, to donate, to store (we will get back to this one later), and —of course—to keep! But keep in mind the two-year rule: If you haven’t worn it in the last two years, it’s time to toss it or donate it.
- Thoroughly clean the floors, walls, racks, drawers, etc. It will feel refreshing, and who knows? You might end up finding that missing treasure you have been frantically searching for all year.
- Purchase lots of matching hangers in a fun color or fabric for an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Invest in decorative bins, pouches, or wicker baskets to store smaller items and accessories.
- If you have a large walk-in closet, consider buying some small lockers or a dresser with drawers. This adds storage space as well as a flat surface to display pretty candles, picture frames, and other fun knick-knacks.
- Organize your closet by category, color, or season, depending on what works best for your lifestyle.
- For extra space, try raising the top rod to allow more room below or stuff small handbags into larger ones on a high shelf.
- Add a personalized touch! A bright fun wallpaper, a small chandelier, or a cozy carpet can liven up any closet.
- And lastly, getting back to that fourth pile… The “to store” one is for items you’re having a hard time parting with, but are pretty sure should go. Put this pile in a garbage bag and store in an attic or garage. If you don’t visit that pile over the next year (and you most likely won’t), it will be easier to part with it during spring cleanup next year.
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!