Scooting off to a beautiful island is always on my mind during this time of year. Whether it’s the Caribbean or Long Island. After being worn out by the wicked winter weather, the body just wants to relax, relate, release, and freely, but safely pump up the vitamin D production.
It’s a time to pack fun, chic, smart and light, and since the beach and evening hang outs are high on the list for most summer vacationers, here are a few take away essentials for your packing pleasure.
– A long or short sun dress for evening dinners. After months of being cloaked up, the warmth and heat against the skin is welcoming.
– A bathing suit for the long days that’s spent playing and lounging on the beach.
– Sun Screen with SPF to protect against the damaging effects of the sun’s rays. Always use a facial moisturizer with sunscreen. But, don’t use the same sunscreen on the face that you use on your lower body, which should be treated with a higher dose of sunscreen. And, don’t forget to reapply frequently.
– Sunglasses with protective lens are a must. The suns’s harmful UV Rays can also cause damage to the eyes.
– For a double dose of protection a wide brim hat like a panama will work wonders to ward off the suns rays from your delicate face.
– A roomy beach bag for all the other stuff that’s not shown in the photo; towel, phone, wallet, book, crossword (I’m a junkie), aloe vera gel, hat (which is usually on my head), flip flops.
What are your must take along for summer vacations. Leave us a comment, we’d love to hear form you.