“The Tahini Goddess” Shares Her Delights
Mediterranean Veggies Board
Sally Schimko, The Tahini Goddess, literally “stirred her way through the pandemic” and succeeded having grown a business that she launched in February of 2020. (Read more about her here.) Sally loves experimenting in the kitchen and is always concocting new recipes for herself and her family that are oh-so-simple anddelicious!
Get cooking with Sally as she shares some of her oh-so-simple and delicious recipes with BELLA.
Mediterranean Board and Zathar Tahini Dressing
Grilled veggies and tahini are one of Sally’s favorites. “It’s something I do everyday—it’s easy to build delicious meals from it like with low-carb veggie wraps, as a veggie bowl, etc. Enjoy!”
- 1 can artichokes hearts (washed and drained completely)
- 2 zucchini sliced (1/2-inch, lengthwise)
- 1 eggplant sliced into ½-inch circles
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Add your fave spice to give extra flavor, like the Kabab Spice by Pereg or smoked paprika. You can spice the veggies like meat/chicken—they will be delicious!
- Preheat oven to 425f broil
- Layer your veggies on parchment paper (it is a game changer in texture and taste!)
- Drizzle olive oil, spices, and lemon zest
- I like to section the veggies and not mix them just in case you need to scoop out one of them first.
- Broil your veggies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, then flip them and broil for 5 minutes longer (until golden brown on both sides)
While the veggies are in the oven, make the Zathar tahini dressing:
- 1/2 cup Zathar tahini (or any flavor)
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl and adjust consistency if need by adding lemon or water.
- Drizzle the tahini on your warm veggies, garnish with chopped parsley and a splash of fresh lemon juice.
- Note: if you wish to add pita, I use low-carb wraps sliced into 4 triangles. Drizzle with olive oil and Zathar and warm them in the oven for 2-3 minutes before serving.
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that Life Is BEAUTIFUL!
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!