The Special Night Honored Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife Establishments and Hospitality Professionals Across New York City’s Five Boroughs
NYC Hospitality Alliance Execu
Notable attendees included the newly appointed New York City Nightlife Mayor Ariel Palitz, and honorees including Tracy Nieporent of Myriad Restaurant Group, Anita Lo and Marc Forgione. Representatives from venues across the five boroughs ranging from the House of Yes and Liebman’s Delicatessen, to Balthazar and Sunday in Brooklyn were treated to wagyu beef sliders, potstickers and sushi from TAO Downtown paired with Asahi Beer, Hiro Saki, Moscow Mules from Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Topo Chico.
Additional event sponsors featured at the awards included E.B. Cohen; Fox Rothschild LLP; Imperial Dade; Pesetsky & Bookman; Yelp Reservations, Brooklyn Crafted, BankUnited; CohnReznick; Howard Goldstein, LUTCF for Hospitality Health Select; HYR Inc.; I. Halper, Paper & Supplies, Inc. and Micros Retail Systems, Inc., Palm Bay International and EJ Gallo.
Restaurant honorees and awards included:
Big Apple Legacy Award – Went to an individual whose success and influence will leave a long lasting impact on the NYC hospitality industry.
· Tracy Nieporent; Myriad Restaurant Group
I Love Bronx Award – Went to three favorite restaurants in the Bronx.
· Enzo’s, Liebman’s Delicatessen, The Original Crab Shanty
I Love Brooklyn Award – Went to three favorite restaurants in Brooklyn.
· Diner, Hometown BBQ, Sunday in Brooklyn
I Love Manhattan Award – Went to three favorite restaurants in Manhattan.
· Balthazar, Keens Steakhouse, The Red Cat
I Love Queens Award – Went to three favorite restaurants in Queens.
· Don Peppe, Mu Ramen, SriPraPhai
I Love Staten Island Award – Went to three favorite restaurants in Staten Island.
· COMMONS Café, Joe & Pat’s Pizzeria, The Stone House at Clove Lakes
True Taste of NYC Award – Went to three iconic dishes served at three iconic NYC restaurants.
· Joe’s Pizza; Classic Cheese Pizza, Mamoun’s Falafel; Falafel, Lloyd’s Carrot Cake; Carrot Cake
City That Never Sleeps Award – Went to three influential bars, clubs, cocktail bars or operators.
· House of Yes, Stonewall Inn, The Dead Rabbit
Back of House Award – Went to three individuals who have achieved respect and excellence working in one or more jobs in a restaurant kitchen. (Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, etc).
· Amanda Cohen (Dirt Candy), Anita Lo, Marc Forgione (Restaurant Marc Forgione)
Front of House Award – Went to three individuals who have achieved respect and excellence working in one or more jobs on the dining room floor of a restaurant. (Manager, Maitre d’, Sommelier, Server, Bartender, etc).
· Georgette Farkas (Rotisserie Georgette), Steve Morales (TAO Group), Susan Povich (Red Hook Lobster Pound)
Operations Award – Went to three individuals who have achieved respect and excellence working in one or more operation level jobs for a single unit or restaurant group. (COO, CFO, F&B Director, etc).
· Katie Broad (Le Bernardin), Sam Goldfinger (Soho House), Susan Spikes (Hill Country Hospitality)
Hearts of Hospitality Award – Went to three individuals recognized for excellence in the profession of human resources in hospitality.
· Elvira Ryder (Empowered Hospitality), Jonathan Moldenhauer (Major Food Group), Laura O’Neill (The Alicart Restaurant Group)
The Determination Award – Went to three individuals who started at an entry-level job in the industry and are now in a leadership role.
· Ahmon Williams (Fausto), Emily Hilton (Bathtub Gin), Melba Wilson (Melba’s Restaurant)
The Next Generation Award – Went to three up-and-coming or established movers and shakers who are still early in their hospitality industry career (Must be under 40 years old on April 9, 2018).
· Adam Landsman (Sunday in Brooklyn), Nicolas Jammet (sweetgreen), Will Guidara (Make it Nice Hospitality)
#HospitalityGuru Award – Went to three restaurants, chefs, restaurateurs, nightlife operators or social media influencers with a social media presence that makes you drool, laugh, think and captures your attention.
· Barbuto (@barbutonyc), Food Baby (@foodbabyny), thirsty (@thirsty)
Philanthropy Served Here Award – Went to a charitable organization whose work helps to make the neighborhoods of NYC a more hospitable place- with a focus on working with the restaurant and hospitality industry.
· Wellness in the Schools
Fast Casual Award – Went to three emerging or established fast casual restaurant concepts we can’t get enough of.
- Pasta Flyer, The Halal Guys, Xi’an Famous Food
About New York City Hospitality Alliance:
The New York City Hospitality Alliance is a non-profit-trade association representing restaurants and nightlife establishments throughout the five boroughs. Formed in September 2012 by a group of well-noted hospitality operators, The Alliance provides a unified voice for the industry in the halls of government, in the media, and is a one-stop resource for industry-specific advice, education, events and cost-saving services. Through the support and involvement of its members, The Alliance is committed to advancing – with a clear and unified voice – an agenda focused on opportunity, economic investment and job creation.
For more information, visit http://www.allianceaward