Now that college football season is officially underway, millions of fans across the country will be flocking to the stadiums of their favorite teams. Although elaborate tailgating routines are part of the norm with amateur chefs cooking everything from burgers to briskets, fans can also experience high quality cuisine along with good old fashion comfort food inside many of the stadiums. These food items include smoked pastrami with provolone, bacon wrapped pork loin, hot chicken taco with spiced honey and even fresh Dungeness crab.
Levy, a national premium sports hospitality concessions company whose culinary offerings can be found at some of the world’s most iconic sports stadiums, has played a key role in evolving America’s stadium cuisine from stale nachos to upscale, gourmet dishes fit for a world class restaurant.
They are partners at over 220 professional sports teams and venues, from Churchill Downs to the GRAMMYs in LA to Super Bowls and NBA Finals at the Golden State Warriors or Mercedes Benz Arena in Atlanta, GA.
Here are the top ten college football stadiums for foodies.
- Wildcat Nachos: blue corn tortilla chips topped with white queso, pico de gallo and beef barbacoa, available in the N Zone
- Asian Meatball Sandwich: pork meatballs, Hoisin glaze BBQ sauce, and Asian slaw, served with potato wedges, available in the N Zone
- Breaded Steak Sandwich: Steak Milanese, marinara, provolone and mozzarella cheese, and giardiniera served on a French roll, available in the N Zone
University of Arkansas
- Pork Rinds with Pimento Cheese: crispy house-made pork rinds served with pimento cheese dip available in suites
University of Oklahoma
- Sooner Stockyard: bone-in ribeye steak with caramelized cippolini onions, black pepper steak sauce, horseradish, grilled sweet peppers, and multi grain rolls, available in suites
- Pretzel Bites with Local Beer Cheese: house-made pretzel bites paired with Chef Jon’s own Beer Cheese recipe, available in suites
- Crimson & Cream Dessert Nachos: build your own dessert nachos with cherry pie filling over cinnamon & sugar-coated tortilla chips with house-made whipped topping, available in suites and select concession stands
- Carnitas Nachos: pork carnitas piled on top of tortilla chips, topped with fresh pico de gallo, sour cream, and shredded lettuce, available in concessions
Oregon State University
- Beaver Brat: beer braised bratwurst, pickled sweet and spicy peppers, honey mustard sauce, and sauerkraut, on a Franz Outdoor Roll, available at Benny’s Bites Stand near section 117 of the East Concourse
- Beaver Dam Fries: crisp fries topped with cheese sauce, balsamic caramelized onions, Applewood bacon, and fry sauce, available at Benny’s Bites Stand 176 South Concourse
- Build the Dam Noodles: Korean-style noodles with BBQ chicken available on the Club Level
Iowa State University
- Crab Rangoon Fries: sweet chili sauce, crab cream cheese spread, crispy wonton strings, and green onions served over stadium fries, available in South End Zone
- Warm Beer Cheese and Corn Dip: creamy cheddar cheese, local ale beer, roasted garlic corn with herb naan bread, available in suites
- Specialty Bavarian Pretzels: available at Victory Bell in concessions
University of Colorado-Boulder
- Boulder Taco Stand: plant-based taco stand featuring Impossible Meat, served with Raquelitas Tortillas, jicama slaw, pico de gallo, and Tapatío aioli, available in the Touchdown Club
- The Sushi Man: grab-and-go sushi including California Rolls and specialty Colorado rolls like the CU Buffs Roll, available at grab-and-go stand on concourse and in Crawford Club
- Porky Pete’s Primetime Player BBQ Sandwich: oversized pork tenderloin, polish sausage, pulled pork, pork burger, bacon, coleslaw, and onion rings served on an onion roll, available in concessions
- Bacon Double Hammer Burger: two ¼-pound burger patties, two slices of American cheese, and four slices of bacon, available in concessions
- Golden Hammer Attack Burger: two ¼-pound burger patties, two slices of American Cheese, beer cheese sauce, fries, two slices of bacon, available in concessions
University of Alabama
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Conecuh Sausage: Local Alabama sausage stuffed with our house-made creamy pimento cheese and finished with BBQ sauce
- Philly Cheesesteak: Fresh-roasted top sirloin cooked slowly, sliced and mixed with grilled onions and peppers, topped with white cheddar on a fresh baked hoagie roll
- Dreamland Stadium Nacho
LIVE YOUR MOST BELLA LIFE!
BELLA Magazine is a national subscription- and newsstand-based lifestyle publication offering a curated guide to fashion, beauty, health, philanthropy, arts and culture, cuisine, celebrities, and entertainment.
At BELLA, we spotlight the ideal that “Beauty is Defined by You!”
Don’t miss a beat! Subscribe + #follow @bellamag.co!