Summer is the best season for stepping up your fitness game & here’s what’s on the top of our list for making it happen!
1. TURN IT UP! If you’re sick of getting tangled up in headphone wires and barely hearing your workout playlist through your ear buds, then you need to get the Monster iSport Freedom Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones. They are water resistant, sweat-proof, and washable for everyday use. You just connect them via bluetooth to your smartphone and then you are free to jump, run, or squat it out. You can even take phone calls from them. We tested them out and it was so liberating to work out wire-free!
Here’s a Spotify playlist of summer workout tunes that made exclusively for BELLA readers:
2. GO FOR A NATURAL GLOW! Has your skin has been taking a beating (especially in the summer!) from wearing makeup and also sweating through a run? We found the perfect brand for you that was designed by professional and Olympic athletes for athletes: Sweat Cosmetics. It contains both sunscreen and skin-loving ingredients t0 protect and repair active skin from all elements it may encounter. We also love the apparel they have for sale on their site.
3. STAY IN ONE PIECE! We are loving the swimsuit trend that has been carried over from Summer 2015! However, it is always challenging to find a one-piece that doubles in both form (it looks sexy, not frumpy) and function (you can actually take it for a swim or surf!) As a brand known for their surfing and skating apparel and gear, Volcrom’s swimsuits achieve this perfect balance. Here are a few of our favorites:
4. SAFETY FIRST! Are you having a not so secret love affair with Vitamin D this summer? Don’t forget to use protection! We love the convenience of a spray and that’s why were are all about Hampton Sun’s Luxe Sport Continuous Mist. It’s the perfect sunscreen whether you are working out under the sun or just working on your tan. Our favorite features: it filters more UVA rays than other sunscreens and it stays on up to 80 minutes because it contains Polycrylene, a proprietary ingredient that increases water and sweat resistance. Added bonuses: it also hydrates your skin, contains anti-aging benefits, and is available in 15, 35, and 55 SPF.
5. DON’T GO TOO WILD! If frizzy hair and summer are synonymous for you, then this is the perfect season to get a keratin treatment. This smoothing treatment can last anywhere between three to six months (depending on how frequently you wash your hair) and it makes hair maintenance SO much easier, especially if you’re bouncing from workout to work and back again. We highly recommend going to the ultra luxe Nunzio Saviano Salon (conveniently located at 130 East 65th Street btwn Park & Lexington) and getting the Cezanne Keratin Treatment which delivers excellent smoothing and longevity without the harmful effects of formaldehyde, which can lead to breakage and damage with repeated use.
So, grab a hold of our M+B Top 5 for maxing out your summer workout! Here’s some inspiration for getting up early for your next workout: